Easiest Low FODMAP Guacamole
Low FODMAP Guacamole
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 avocados
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Leaves from 1-2 cilantro stalks
- ½ jalapeño or habanero (more or less depending on how spicy you like it!)
- ¼-½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- A few dashes cumin
- Chips of your preference
- Lightly smash the garlic clove with the flat side of a knife (Lightly! You don’t want it to be smushed to smithereens). Remove the paper husk and cover the garlic with the olive oil in a small bowl or jar. Swirl it around a bit so the oil covers the garlic (if it’s really big I sometimes cut it in half) and set aside while you make everything else.
- Scoop the avocado out of the peel (I cut it into chunks while it’s still in there) and mash in a medium bowl. Slice the cilantro and jalapeño or habanero into small pieces and add to the avocado along with the lime juice, salt (start with ¼ tsp), pepper, and cumin.
- Add the oil, mix, and taste the guac. If it tastes like it still needs something, add a little more salt. If you’ve accidentally made it too spicy or salty or lime-y, add more oil. Adjust spices to your liking.
- Enjoy with some chips and a margarita (or two). Cheers!
You might also like
If you follow me on Instagram, you probably noticed a lot of pies floating around on my stories recently. It was Marc’s birthday last week, and since pie is his absolute favorite dessert, I spent all day making him a pie and making a mess in the process…
Alright, so last week we talked about which flours I use most often, aka my faves. But as any walk down the gluten free aisle of a grocery store will tell you, there are tons of other options…
I’m not a hoarder. I’m generally terrible at stocking up on things, and have been accused on more than one occasion of throwing away things that we actually needed (sorry, second pitcher). Except… apparently when it comes to flours…