Salmon with summer salad
It’s that time of the year, when the tomatoes are fresh and flavorful, the corn almost tastes like candy, and — let’s be honest — it’s really just too hot to be turning on the stove or cooking anything. So I’m just embracing it, and each week our grocery haul is full of tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, and avocados. I’ve been making some version of this “summer salad” basically every day on repeat and maybe I’ll get sick of it but it hasn’t happened yet!
It’s really super easy (as all food in the summer should be). Basically I just combine whatever combination of veggies I have on hand with some high quality olive oil, salt, and pepper, and top with cheese (because cheese = life). Occasionally — if I’m feeling extra — I’ll even add some pine nuts. I totally forgot about how awesomely delicious pine nuts are! Of course, they’re also ridiculously expensive, but if you can find them in a bulk section, buying a small quantity shouldn’t set you back too much. (I think that container pictured above cost me ~$3-4.)
Cheers to summer!
Salmon with Summer Salad
- 10-15 fresh cherry tomatoes , quartered
- 1-2 ears fresh corn , cooked
- ½-1 fresh cucumber , sliced and quartered
- ¼-½ avocado , sliced
- 1 tsp high quality olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Pine nuts, optional
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- 10 oz salmon
- Salt & pepper
- Neutral high heat oil
For the salad
- Cut all the veggies and put in a bowl. Drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Feel free to use whatever veggies you have on hand!
- To serve: Top with cheese and pine nuts. Repeat every day of summer.
For the salmon
- Follow these instructions to make the perfect salmon.