Sugar Free Oatmeal
Sugar Free Oatmeal
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ cup milk, plus more as needed (I use lactose free)
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, optional
- 1 banana, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or nut butter
- Dash each cinnamon, turmeric, ginger
- 1-2 scoops protein powder (I use Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides or Phormula-1 Natural)
- 1-2 tablespoons Cocoa powder (optional)
- Nuts or seeds (I like walnuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds)
- Combine oats and milk in a bowl and microwave. Your cook time may vary, but I microwave for 3 minutes 30 seconds on 50% power. The oats shouldn’t look completely cooked but should be a bit softened.
- In the meantime, cut your banana in half. Slice one half into a small bowl and mash with a fork. After you’ve mashed it into pieces, whisk it around — it will start to get more liquid-y and take on an almost fluffy texture.
- Add the chia seeds and mashed banana to the oats. Stir to make sure everything is incorporated and microwave in 30 seconds increments until the oats are cooked and chia seeds have expanded (I usually do this 2-3 more times). At this point I usually let it sit for a minute while I make my coffee; if it seems like it’s just getting really hot but not cooking you may also need to let it sit.
- Add peanut butter and spices and stir to mix. Add in protein powder. (adding in the fat first helps it dissolve better — no idea why but it works!) Mix everything together and top with nuts, the other half of your banana, and anything else you like!
You might also like
Enter the perfect springtime dish. Picture this: you’re sipping a nice glass of white wine, the weather is finally that perfect temperature where it’s warm but not too hot yet, you’re on a balcony somewhere, and you have a big bowl of this pasta in front of you. Yes? Can you be on board with this? Thought so.
Back when I lived in rural Arkansas, there was one good restaurant in town — a Mexican restaurant called El Rio Lindo. I only ever ordered one of two things there: chicken tacos, or chicken tortilla soup. The soup wasn’t even on their menu, but it was legendary for it’s deliciousness…
Hello and welcome to this super easy crockpot beef braise recipe! This braise is perfect for meal prep, or when you want to do a little work and 8 hours later get a delicious meal (so... always?). I have...